W2 Contract only - Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
ITECCO is seeking a highly motivated technical management professional with:
- Interest in taking lead in innovative projects
- Have an expert understanding of project management
- The desire to grow their career to the next level
- Excellent communication skills and technical background
This Technical Project Manager (TPM) will be integral to the project implementation team and act quickly to assume responsibility and work with both technical and non-technical professionals. If you see yourself as a leader and have excellent communication skills, then this role is for you.
This TPM will use PMO best practices and standards to partner with client product and program managers to facilitate the most relevant project management process to fit needs and execute on the plan.
Our ideal candidate has experience implementing software development projects at an enterprise level. This individual will communicate directly with clients to facilitate project-based work. This person is highly motivated to work collaboratively with a team to deliver results as well as manage ongoing projects to maintain time and budget expectations.
Our candidate has the ability to adapt and document client needs and requirements with a proven track record in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments. A demonstrated track record of managing high quality projects and completing on or before the identified deadline is a very desired trait.
Creating, maintaining and controlling the project schedule, facilitating meetings and identifying project risks proactively. The project team will look to you through the Release process, being mindful of requirements, facilitate program communications, identify and implement continuous improvement practices, and provide regular status reports as required.
- Project management in coordination with other project managers, technical leads, and design team leads as appropriate
- Push forward all technical project management activities including requirements gathering, scope management, sprint planning and more
- Communicate issues to clients and staff, assertively, and with curiosity and enthusiasm
- Track and communicate project status to the team and management
- Know when and how to escalate issues and provide input on how to improve issues and process
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and show strong facilitation ability
- Show previous management and delivery of large technical customer projects successfully and influencing stakeholders across teams
- Demonstrate a passion for excellence through informed judgment, solid decision making, and contingency planning
- Present and articulate highly technical information in a clear and easy to understand manner
- Ensure teams are practicing core agile development principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility
- Provide project status reports highlighting the accomplishments, risks, mitigation and other relevant KPIs
- 2-4 years of project management experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies & tools
- Thorough understanding of software development principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-site, global environment
- Must have excellent communication skills, experience working with external vendors, strong project management skills, and demonstrated experience in a customer-facing role within the information technology industry, with in-depth knowledge of products/services/applications preferred
- Must be able to build, lead and motivate a team in a matrix project environment, be comfortable with mitigating team conflict and resolving communications or other problems within the project team
- Must be resourceful and seek solutions through information gathering, stakeholder discussions, and/or judgment
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Must possess strong cross team/group/org collaboration skills; ability to foresee and analyze project risks, develop risk management plan and mitigate subsequent issues
- The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and have the ability to understand concepts and situations that pass by many others
- Technical Skills Required
- Agile / Scrum: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)
Specific technical skills are NOT required for this position. However, a working knowledge of software development life cycle, software integrations, knowledge of how databases work and an understanding of how technology can support business process is desired. Candidates should be skilled in Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project or other project management tools, and the Microsoft Office suite.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Monday to Friday
For more information about ITECCO and the opportunities we have to offer follow us on Twitter @ITECCOrec
ITECCO Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.